We are monitoring the daily updates in relation to Covid-19. During these unprecedented times our commitment to service and the health and wellbeing of our customers, employees and suppliers remains our top priority.
The waste industry has been identified with “key worker status” and our business will continue to operate in accordance with the Government guidelines. We have set up emergency measures which will enable us to ensure services are maintained through this period and these continue to be under review.
In the interests of the guidance from WHO, NHS and GOV.UK and everyone’s personal protection we are advising drivers to maintain a respectful distance when communicating with customers on site and have removed all person to person contact.
Office staff are working remotely wherever possible until further notice. We continue to operate our collection and processing services as normal, albeit with additional precautions having been implemented.
- These extra measures include:
- Monitoring staff sickness and ensuring staff are aware of symptoms to look out for.
- Provision of all relevant PPE equipment to staff and instructions on the appropriate use of PPE.
- Hand washing on a regular basis
- Implementation of a “no handshake” policy for all staff
- Adoption of the two metre social distancing rule for all staff and visitors to our facilities
- Paperless and zero signature facility for all services
- Additional daily cleaning regime for all commercial vehicles
Our Business Continuity Plan has been reviewed and tested in light of this new virus to ensure we can continue to provide all services to all clients safely.
We recommend that our customers continue to maintain a waste collection service to assist with managing a good standard of disease control.